People make documentaries, not for money, they make them for love because they’re committed and have stories they want to tell and think they can make a difference…but it’s very precarious work, always. And now this.Michelle van Beusekom
Yellow Jack Podcast, Episode #5
(Ouimet Presents Episode #16)
Michelle van Beusekom had just returned from a vacation when the COVID-19 pandemic re-arranged her work at her new job at the Documentary Organization of Canada. Now she’s spending quality time with her cats while working remotely.
Here is her story.
Back from Puerto Rico Just In Time
Hello Mom in Brazil, Canada calling
Crazy Way to Start a New Job
An industry at a Standstill
What Kind of World Do We Want to Come Back To
And about those cats
COVID-19 Prevention and Risk (Government of Canada)
Outbreak Updates (Government of Canada)
Government of Canada COVID-19 information portal
BC Government COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
John Hopkins University COVID-19 Interactive Map
All episodes in this series:
- April 5, 2020 Yellow Jack: The Whole World Stops
- April 1, 2020 Yellow Jack: Pause Everything
- March 29, 2020 Yellow Jack: Imagine Everyone at Home
- March 26, 2020 Yellow Jack: There’s a Lot To Do So We Better Go Slow
- March 25, 2020 Yellow Jack: What Choice Have I Got?
- March 22, 2020 Yellow Jack: Pioneers
- March 20, 2020 Yellow Jack: Business as Unusual
Share Your Story
Would you like to be a guest on the Yellow Jack Podcast?
Use the contact form below to get in touch with our producers, so we can share your story with the world.