Part of my world is to experience it with my hands. And…it’s very difficult for me to know what proximity I am to other people. A lot of times I will bump into somebody or I just won’t be able to maintain a distance that they’re comfortable with…I touch more things than most people touch…and that also comes with a higher risk factor.Amy amantea
Yellow Jack Podcast, Episode #3
(Ouimet Presents Episode #14)
Self-isolation is challenging. Try self-isolating if you have a disability of some sort. Amy Amantea is an actor and artist who lives in Vancouver. She’s also blind, and currently in self-isolation.
Here is her story.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS
Yellow Jack – Episode 3
Feel and proximity
Creating new works remotely
Make room for others
Read the full transcript
Download the full transcript (PDF)
Amy on Facebook
COVID-19 Prevention and Risk (Government of Canada)
Outbreak Updates (Government of Canada)
Government of Canada COVID-19 information portal
BC Government COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
John Hopkins University COVID-19 Interactive Map
Yellow Quarantine Flag (Wikipedia)
Be a guest on the Yellow Jack podcast
All episode in this series:
- April 5, 2020 Yellow Jack: The Whole World Stops
- April 1, 2020 Yellow Jack: Pause Everything
- March 29, 2020 Yellow Jack: Imagine Everyone at Home
- March 26, 2020 Yellow Jack: There’s a Lot To Do So We Better Go Slow
- March 25, 2020 Yellow Jack: What Choice Have I Got?
- March 22, 2020 Yellow Jack: Pioneers
- March 20, 2020 Yellow Jack: Business as Unusual
Share Your Story
Would you like to be a guest on the Yellow Jack Podcast?
Use the contact form below to get in touch with our producers, so we can share your story with the world.