Some really interesting clients have come to me because they’ve seen what I’ve done at the ABC and they’ve heard me at conferences and doing keynotes…and they’re like “Oh, this could actually have an application for us”…it doesn’t matter what content you’re doing as long as you’re understanding your audience. That’s the key to what we’ve been doing.
Podcast Ep. 4
My conversation with Linda Bracken, on her 30 year career at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, the Canadian connection to TripleJUnearthed.com, her new career as a consultant, and some serious mucking about with horses.
- Early career at ABC local radio in Newcastle – a chance to do a little of everything at the radio station, plus surf at lunch time.
- Still under 30 and asked to manage Triple J based in Sydney.
- Triple J. “Sharing the music of Australia and the world, but also about having conversations with young Australians to make you feel lie you’re part of a broader community…a special tribe”.
- Wait, it feels like someone is watching me.
- TripleJUnearthed.com and its relationship to NewMusicCanada.com.
- ABC Open.
- Leaving ABC to consult.
- Evidence based decision making.
- Audience centered design.
- Do something each week that scares you.
- Horses and leadership.